Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Alert button and phone connection

LagV
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Alert button and phone connection

Post by LagV on Thu 16 Apr - 7:51

Hey. I thought of some things that could make the NG better. I'll put 2 ideas in the same topic because why not?

1. I thought that there should be a button on the NG which will alert the player in-game if someone presses it. This way, if someone wants to talk with you or has bussiness with you, you know it.

2. Another idea would be to connect your phone to the NG and if someone calls you, you will see this in-game and answer in-game.

I hope you like my ideas!
Have a nice day! Very Happy

Argonus
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Alert button and phone connection

Post by Argonus on Thu 16 Apr - 15:45

This is probably going to be added so people don't have to worry about missing anything in the real world while playing in the NG.

You have nothing on Asuna... MY OTAKKUUU

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru on Thu 16 Apr - 15:52

I really like the phone idea. Though I think it should be an optional feature, because adding Bluetooth to the NVG will likely increase the price.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 16:01

Actually we wont include any of that on the nvg.

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Thu 16 Apr - 16:14

really? I can see the phone but why not the alert button? how will you know if someone wants you irl?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 16:26

U wont, as the nvg- completely blocks the outside world.
Edit*
I think an alert button would be annoying cause some one could sit there and press that alert button over and over.

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Thu 16 Apr - 16:43

but what if there's an emergency or something? or what if you just completely lose track of time and you're going to miss dinner or something? it doesn't have to be much, just something to let people know that someone irl thinks they've been playing too long. Maybe even drop in the option to disable the feature in-game

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 16:50

The nerve gear is meant to block out all outside communication. So it will not come with an alert button./or anything to hook ur phone up to. Also people will have to keep track of time it is not our responsibility.

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Thu 16 Apr - 16:52

Akira_ wrote:The nerve gear is meant to block out all outside communication. So it will not come with an alert button./or anything to hook ur phone up to. Also people will have to keep track of time.
Fire erupts in the house?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 16:53

that's different... The nvg will come with sensors to help monitor for dangerous situations. Like a fire.

LagV
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by LagV on Thu 16 Apr - 16:54

Akira_ wrote:U wont, as the nvg- completely blocks the outside world.
Edit*
I think an alert button would be annoying cause some one could sit there and press that alert button over and over.

I think you should be able to turn the alert off from in-game settings.

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Thu 16 Apr - 16:54

a robber breaks in
an earthquake starts
the zombie apocalypse starts (okay this one was kinda a joke but you get what i mean)

It should be included just for safety concerns, if nothing else.

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Thu 16 Apr - 16:56

also, adding all of those sensors for emergencies will only make the NVG bulkier and more expensive. This is a much easier fix and will help keep the price of the rig down.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 16:58

We cant do much for said person if robber breaks in any-way. Like i said before, it will come with different sensors- like a carbon monoxide detector, a thing to tell if somethings dropped on it i.e a piece of ceiling and there not that expensive any more. And no we will still not include it- plain and simple..(Well i hope so Razz )

Edit*
If they going to rob u wouldnt they take the nvg as well......They would have to take it off of u.....witch would take u back to rl.

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Thu 16 Apr - 17:10

hmm...actually if you have that dropping detector that i'm good. Then all a person would have to do is wiggle you around a little bit and the NVG would alert you that something's happening.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 17:14

yes yes it would... what one would see is a warning symbol in ones vision and then auto log out.

Shadrixt
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Post by Shadrixt on Thu 16 Apr - 20:01

Personally i think we should have the phone part... (damn theres no sheepish grin Emoti...)

Party-up anyone?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 20:04

....nah that would be a bother- and then we would have to find a way to make the nvg compatible with phones.

Shadrixt
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Post by Shadrixt on Thu 16 Apr - 20:10

You can just put in bluetooth compatibility like it was said... just keep it unhackable to any nearby computers

Party-up anyone?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 20:11

no we wont add that, As its really just a useless thing to have. and u would have to keep it on to be discovered at all times.

lucarioman555
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 on Thu 16 Apr - 21:42

I don't think anyone except you finds it useless and a bother, it's actually really practical. Perhaps not the ability to answer the phone In game but be alerted that it's going off for Phone calls or texts. I Agree that losing track of time is not only really hard to do ( Since the UI Includes a freaking clock) but also not our problem if they stay logged in for 7 hours and are late for work, well that's too bad. But i tried to get an active forum for safety measures to be discussed ( Didn't really kick off) But if we include the phone alert ( Which could be turn off/on Via in game setting) We wouldn't have a need for the alert button just send them a text " Dinner In Five" then they would acknowledge and take the appropriate action ect. Let me know what you think about this guys, remember when we get investers/partners they will have a big say in what goes on so we should get use to give and take.

SAO Game Master

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 16 Apr - 21:49

Yeah and oh dont get me wrong they can be handy at times.....But it wont be include on the nvg(now this doesn't mean future full dive consoles wont have something like that but that will be alittle bit down the road, like soul translator time), And thats one reason im not allowing any one to donate towards stuff like that...

DEATH_ASSASSIN
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by DEATH_ASSASSIN on Thu 16 Apr - 22:16

i think rather then this you could make an app were you can be messaged in game if the person knows your username... this way if your mom may need you than you can have her get the app and type in your username and she can message you easily... this is easy to do...cheap...and wouldnt require to much extra work...remembering you have to log out is one thing but being needed while your in game is another

-DEATH_ASSASSIN

alpha-beta-gamma
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by alpha-beta-gamma on Thu 16 Apr - 22:24

Edit*

if someone did it 1 time and said mistake ehh. but a second i would punch them right in the chest. making sure they weren't going to want to try it again.

thats my solution to that problem Smile

"Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

DEATH_ASSASSIN
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by DEATH_ASSASSIN on Thu 16 Apr - 22:30

alpha-beta-gamma wrote:
Edit*

if someone did it 1 time and said mistake ehh. but a second i would punch them right in the chest. making sure they weren't going to want to try it again.

thats my solution to that problem Smile

not the best idea...would if your mom pushes it...or your 3 year old little sister... or your girlfriend/boyfriend... its not gona roll over well

and maybe instead of bluetooth you could just make it a wire (for the phone idea)

-DEATH_ASSASSIN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:53

Current date/time is Mon 5 Dec - 20:53