Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

3D Modeler Request

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

3D Modeler Request

Post by Dark_Infamy on Wed 29 Apr - 16:52

Ok so I honestly I have a passion for anime and when I watched SAO something inside of me just wished that this was real life and when I saw this project I was extremely excited. It is my dream to model the weapons, houses, animals, etc in the game but sadly  Sad I have no experience. If training me would be a waste of time pls tell me the truth. If I couldn't be a 3D modeler then I would love to be a forum moderator because I could still help the team. If I am asking to much pls tell me. Thank you so much for your time Smile

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: 3D Modeler Request

Post by Akira on Wed 29 Apr - 16:58

Well, the fms are full atm, we dont plan to add any for awhile. and we don't really have the time to train any one else, besides the few people that joined the team, and really didn't have much knowledge in 3d modeling but could do it to an extent.

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Dark_Infamy on Wed 29 Apr - 16:59

O ok thank you for the fast response sorry for wasting your time.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Wed 29 Apr - 17:01

np, and u didnt waste my time, im glad to see people want to join Argus

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Dark_Infamy on Wed 29 Apr - 17:05

but is there any way I can help?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Wed 29 Apr - 17:07

just tell about us to the people u talk about.

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Dark_Infamy on Wed 29 Apr - 17:08

O that's not what I expected Crying or Very sad but ok!

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru on Wed 29 Apr - 17:58

You could also self-teach yourself stuff. idk how old you are, but if your school/college has classes in stuff like animation or 3d modeling then you could take a class and submit some of your work once you have the skills. You could even take a class in graphics design using a computer, as a lot of those skills might be transferable to 3d modeling. We may not have the time or resources to train you, but if you can find some way to train yourself then we could always use the extra hand.

If you do decide to try and learn how to model, good luck XD. If not, yeah the only thing I can really think of is to help spread the word as no FM spots are open and we aren't accepting donations yet. That and just staying active on the forums, this place can get kinda lonely sometimes...

dkmiraidk
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by dkmiraidk on Thu 30 Apr - 1:53

If you really want to 3D modelling you can start out with blender see some tutorials, it will take about a week to get really a hang for using blender if you completly new (or it could take 3 days if you learns as fast as i did, but really it is just moving some verts (points) around) Cool

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Dark_Infamy on Thu 30 Apr - 7:31

Wow you guys are so nice! I guess I can try that Smile

SilentsBlackDesire
2nd Command
2nd Command

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by SilentsBlackDesire on Thu 30 Apr - 11:43

Here are some Blenderhotkey that may can help you
Thats a lot of Hotkeys that i use for Blender.
Have Fun:

Mouse Left-click:    
Move 3D Cursor
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Right-click:
Mark Object
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ctrl + Left-click:        
Drag to Select Multiple
Shift + Right-click:
Mark Multiple Points/Objects
Mouse Wheel-click:
Change 3D View
Mouse Wheel-roll:      
Zoom
NUM + Number:        
Change Cameraperspektive
Shift + Left-click:        
Move Camera
Ctrl + Mousewheel-click(hold):
Zoom expanded and more detailed
Right-click(hold)+Left-click:
Move Objects Free
Ctrl + Z:        
Reverse
Ctrl + Shift + Z:        
Repeat
Shift + A:        
Add Object (at the 3D Cursor)
Shift + D:        
Duplicate Object
E + (x/y/z):        
Surface Extrude (grow/add) + Direction
S + (x/y/z):
Surface/Object Skale (Change Size) + Direction
Alt + M:        
Connect two Vertices
K + (Left-click):        
Cut (Space = Confirm)
Ctrl + R:        
Cut an Object precisely
Ctrl + S:        
Save Data
Ctrl + X:      
Delete Object
Direction Arrows:        
Move Objects or Surface
Tab:        
Change Mode (Edit/Object/...)
T and N:        
Insert Toolbars

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Dark_Infamy on Sat 2 May - 19:12

Ok so I did what you guys said and I followed a few tutorials and this is what I was able to make!

First model I made Smile

https://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/19/21/46/52/sword_10.png

First model with color

https://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/19/21/46/52/sword_11.png

So it turns out modeling is kinda fun to do so I made another sword Smile

https://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/19/21/46/52/samuri10.png

2nd Sword with blade colored

https://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/19/21/46/52/samuri11.png

So what do you guys think?

Snakez29
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Snakez29 on Sat 2 May - 19:20

imo the second sword is MUCH better than the first, but i prefer katanas anyway. For your first two models i would say they're pretty good.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sat 2 May - 20:38

Not bad, not bad at all.

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru on Sat 2 May - 20:40

Keep it up, some of those are looking really good.

Dark_Infamy
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Dark_Infamy on Sun 3 May - 13:09

Ok so I decided to make another sword, I messed up a little on the bottom but does anyone know why on the hilt of the sword 2 of the blocks are the wrong color?
ps. I tried changing the color but it wouldn't change like the other ones would.

https://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/19/21/46/52/sword_12.png

dkmiraidk
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by dkmiraidk on Sun 3 May - 15:53

Actually it looks good, but try to use smooth shading instead of float (when you try to make to make something round you can instead of increasing how many poly there is, use smooth shading)

Acappella1000
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Acappella1000 on Thu 28 May - 0:41

im working on Excalibur and how do you color it?

Silmiss
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss on Thu 28 May - 7:00

Acappella1000 wrote:im working on Excalibur and how do you color it?
Google "Blender UV Mapping"

dkmiraidk
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by dkmiraidk on Thu 28 May - 15:15

You could also use vertex color (it's easier and faster for test purpose)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:54

Current date/time is Mon 5 Dec - 20:54