Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

ideas for weapons/shields

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: ideas for weapons/shields

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 15:20

I don't think so.  It was straight sword in the games they made for PS Vita.  Curved sword was for the katana.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 15:24

yeah, it was straight sword- i looked back in the doc and One-handed Straight Sword» skill must be trained quite a bit before «Rapier» and «Two-Handed Sword»

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 15:27

though we're still sticking w/ the 10% for using a rapier, right?  Also, should we release our decision to include the Estoc to the regular forums now, or once we know more about how we want it to work in-game?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 15:28

i think 45% would be good since it was said that 1 handed long sword had to be leveled up quit a bit

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 15:29

lets keep it a secrete

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 15:31

true, though "quite a bit" is relative.  And, I go back to the fact that Asuna had it on floor one.  This actually means something because Klein didn't have his katana until the episode w/ the midnight black cats.  We might be able to go as far as an expected unlock point of floor 2 and just say Asuna's a badass, but probably not much further than that if we want our game to fit with the basic SAO narrative.  That would mean like a 15-20% mastery level.

And okay

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 15:35

well, each front liner on floor 1 was at least lvl 10 so if we go by that, i think asuna had probly used a long sword till she was around lvl 7-8

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 15:42

Alright, and w/ lvl 10 being 1/50 of max level, but giving an approx max level expectation for weapons at lvl 250 (I just came up w/ that, but it makes sense to me given how many different weapon types we have that people might want to learn, plus the weapons that only get unlocked after other weapons are a certain level) that would mean that you should have a rapier at mastery level...hmm, the math only comes out at 40 points (with max at 1000), that's 2.5% mastery level...  Do you think we should speed up the approximate mastery level estimation from 250 to something a bit smaller?

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 15:45

The mastery to achive Rapier or Estoc?

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 15:47

rapier.  Estoc would be about floor 8 (or level 80), which is a more reasonable 320 pts or 32% mastery level, still assuming max mastery would come at level 250

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 15:48

For a rapier i say somewhere between 50-70% one-handed mastey

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 15:51

umm...but Asuna had it at floor 1.  That means that she would have somehow managed to get enough points in one-handed straight sword to have a level of mastery expected from players at level 250, and she's only level 10.  She may be a badass, but she's not nearly that much of a badass.

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 15:53

Nomaru wrote:umm...but Asuna had it at floor 1.  That means that she would have somehow managed to get enough points in one-handed straight sword to have a level of mastery expected from players at level 250, and she's only level 10.  She may be a badass, but she's not nearly that much of a badass.
Okay, sorry hadn't really read the previous stuff througly. How about like 5-15%?

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 16:05

yeah, but that would mean (even w/ five percent) an expected full-mastery of one-handed swords at level (does math) 200.  Actually, that's not all that bad.  I say you get rapier at five percent and estoc at 35%.  Then you could get katana at 40% one-handed curved sword mastery (or at about the same time estoc users would get their estocs, w/ 5%+ 35% equaling 40%).  From that, maybe katanas should be just as OP as estocs, but for hybrid builds instead of agility.  We can take this even further if we make a class of two handed swords called "Great Swords" (or really anything else) that's basically a set of Buster Sword size weapons.  That can be unlocked at 5% one-handed straight (to get two-handed sword) and 35% two handed sword.  They can be as OP as estocs are for agility and katana are for hybrid for strength builds.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 16:44

well, if u think about it take all the time u have to kill monsters witch if u use the sword skills u r lvling up that skill, and maybe 35% at least, and for a katana 88% mastery of the curved sword skill, with around 70% for 2 handed sword

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 16:47

Akira_ wrote:well, if u think about it take all the time u have to kill monsters witch if u use the sword skills u r lvling up that skill, and maybe 35% at least, and for a katana 88% mastery of the curved sword skill, with  around  70% for 2 handed sword
35 for rapiers? Or is it Estocs again? If it's estocs i can see what you're getting at

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 17:19

Well, all of this depends on how fast a player can level up the swords they use.  Akira, what level do you think a player should be, on average, when they completely max out a sword they've been using since day one.  From there, we can figure out the approximate floor we want the player to have the sword, and then how many points they need to unlock the next upgrade.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 17:25

idk, it all depends on them

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 17:26

Yeah, there will always be nerds and geeks playing non-stop reaching the higher levels faster

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Sun 10 May - 17:28

okay then, let's start at the floor.  Rapiers will have to be possible to obtain by floor one, as well as two-handed weapons (as Agil used his two handed axe).  What about Estocs, Katana, and Great Swords (actually, you never gave me a clear answer, do you think these would be good things to include?)

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 17:33

Not sure if if my opinion counts but i like them

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 17:34

And for the rest i'm not sure about really

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Sun 10 May - 17:36

well estocs,katanas, and 2 handed swords-witch greatswords go into that category r official weapons of sao so yes to them, and let me do some writing down, and i will make a bigish post with like weapons lvls and the like

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall on Sun 10 May - 17:37

So, we'll leave the rest to you then?

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character