Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

NOVA language

Poll

What kind of languages should NOVA use for races? - in your opinion

[ 2 ]
50% [50%] 
[ 2 ]
50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 4

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): Pack of the wolves

NOVA language

Post by ExtraLoad on Mon 18 May - 15:05

Hi,

while reading almost 3/4 of the forum, I have stumbled upon diffrent fictional languages in NOVA. And my idea was that instead of fictional laguage that they'd use real life languages. For example Mountain Dwarfs speak Russian while Wood Elves would speak Romanian or Slovakian, Orcs could speak Finnish...and so on... I think that using non-fictional language would ease up the development of this particular game and personally I would find it cooled than fictonal giberish!

Yeah, more of an suggestion than Idea but what do you think!!!

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: NOVA language

Post by Nomaru on Mon 18 May - 15:09

Well, Nova is to Akira what SAO was to Kayaba, so I'm pretty sure he wants to go all out with different languages and everything. They probably won't be all that complicated, though, and I know Akira will definitely go the extra mile to make sure that the languages are ready for when the game comes out.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira on Mon 18 May - 15:15

yep- though its far less deadly lol, and yeah we will have the languages done by the time the game comes out for the public.

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by ExtraLoad on Mon 18 May - 15:18

Nomaru wrote:Well, Nova is to Akira what SAO was to Kayaba, so I'm pretty sure he wants to go all out with different languages and everything.  They probably won't be all that complicated, though, and I know Akira will definitely go the extra mile to make sure that the languages are ready for when the game comes out.

You do realise that making multiple language is not an easy cake, just imagine a dictionary now double that + grammar rules + exceptions + maybe even new sound for example Kiz could be readed Kž

While I understand he wants to stick with fictional languages but from where I am seeing it that just to many races to cover.

And please do NOT refer to an extra mile

I once worked with school newspaper where we formed a dictionary of fictional word with grammar and dude it took forever ( Like a year to put together few grammar rules with the translation we made it)

Sory, please be not offended!

-Just saying this was written before Akira_ posted

-This below was written after AKira_ posted

As you wish, but you are digging your own grave ( metaphorically )

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Mon 18 May - 15:19

Akira's a mastermind!! Yep yep! I trust him!

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by ExtraLoad on Mon 18 May - 15:27

Off-topic wise

Btw Akira will NVG games only be developed by Argus or will you let third party indutries developing their own on NVG?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Mon 18 May - 15:30

@ ExtraLoad-  it may seem like its an unnecessary thing to do but i want Nova- to be its own world with out having to take stuff from the real world as much as we can, just like Kayaba did with S.A.O., and im expecting for this game to last/be able to be played  for a really long time. plus this comes out after SAO so we have plenty of time to develop the worlds languages/fine tune them. No worries u didnt offend any one.
Only Argus will develop NVG/Full Dive Games. (even if some big company comes to us and ask to use the seed for their NVG Games)

@ Kyoya- Thank you, and i appreciate ur trust.

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Mon 18 May - 15:58

Np i think everyone on here does (at least trust that you won't kill them in SAO lol)

2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it

Auren
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Auren on Mon 18 May - 16:26

Some people might not mind the extra intensity Wink

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Mon 18 May - 16:32

I wouldn't either it would make things interesting. hahaha

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Mon 18 May - 16:33

Also, we don't have to come up with different grammar rules and exceptions and stuff like that. While I agree that coming up w/ a bunch of different words would be hard, if we just use the basic English structure then that cuts a lot of the work out of it.

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko on Tue 19 May - 2:41

Akira, I completely trust the Argus Team! I've been following for ages (since last forum...such a long time ago, it seems)! So don't worry! You'll get support 'till the very end!

Do you think that we'd have to learn the language? I mean, there are some massive nerds that know how to speak the Elf language like pros...it's kind of sad, really...

Silmiss
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss on Tue 19 May - 5:56

Akira_ wrote:
Only Argus will develop NVG/Full Dive Games. (even if some big company comes to us and ask to use the seed for their NVG Games)
One way or another, big companies will want the seed engine... Either by buying Argus, or some political loophole. I'd love to see some games like Skyrim on NVG, aswell.

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Tue 19 May - 7:05

I've been following this forum since the last one too but I stopped checking and then forgot my username lol

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko on Tue 19 May - 7:18

Pretty much the same with me Kyoya, but I think I went by the name 'frekat' or just the same as the one I have now, Leriko!

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Tue 19 May - 7:20

I think I was njt0-something

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko on Tue 19 May - 7:20

I pretty much have my username as Leriko or 'frekat' because I use those all the time xD

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by ExtraLoad on Tue 19 May - 8:07

Nomaru wrote:Also, we don't have to come up with different grammar rules and exceptions and stuff like that.  While I agree that coming up w/ a bunch of different words would be hard, if we just use the basic English structure then that cuts a lot of the work out of it.

Yeah...right...  What a Face  Good luck with that!

I actully went to old argus forums but did not register ( I only like was there for a day or two, but never participated in community)

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Tue 19 May - 11:14

Silmiss wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
One way or another, big companies will want the seed engine... Either by buying Argus, or some political loophole. I'd love to see some games like Skyrim on NVG, aswell.
Well they can try and buy Argus- but we wont sell ever, and if they want an elder scrolls game on the NVG- they will either have to use Argus's team, or pay a large amount of money to license The Seed, and it will come with features for use on the NVG.

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by ExtraLoad on Tue 19 May - 11:23

Akira_ wrote:
Silmiss wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Well they can try and buy Argus- but we wont sell ever, and if they want an elder scrolls game on the NVG- they will either have to use Argus's team, or pay a large amount of money to license The Seed, and it will come
with features for use on the NVG.

Erh... that kinda is third party games

Let me just qoute someting here!
Not spoiler:
The business arrangement between the developer and publisher is governed by a contract, which specifies a list of milestones intended to be delivered over a period of time. By updating its milestones, the publisher verifies that work is progressing quickly enough to meet its deadline and can direct the developer if the game is not meeting expectations. When each milestone is completed (and accepted), the publisher pays the developer an advance on royalties. Successful developers may maintain several teams working on different games for different publishers. Generally, however, third-party developers tend to be small, close-knit teams. Third-party game development is a volatile sector, since small developers may be dependent on income from a single publisher; one canceled game may be devastating to a small developer. Because of this, many small development companies are short-lived.

A common exit strategy for a successful video-game developer is to sell the company to a publisher, becoming an in-house developer. In-house development teams tend to have more freedom in the design and content of a game compared to third-party developers. One reason is that since the developers are employees of the publisher, their interests are aligned with those of the publisher; the publisher may spend less effort ensuring that the developer's decisions do not enrich the developer at the publisher's expense. - wikipedia

So either they buy your license or you buy them, now what do you prefer!

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Tue 19 May - 11:29

well- the amount of money to license the seed will be terrifying for most people ( I prefer if i buy them to be honest- that way i know that my team is doing the work)

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by ExtraLoad on Tue 19 May - 11:39

Somehow I think the only company that will be able to cash out the license is EA... But that would be funny , FIFA on NVG nah... lol!

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Tue 19 May - 11:49

That u may be right on, Rockstar may be able to afford it.

ExtraLoad
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by ExtraLoad on Tue 19 May - 11:54

GTA VIII on NVG confirmed!!!!

Spoiler:
Get the joke? pirat

Sponsored content