Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.


Weapon in Nova

Share

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 913
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 17

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Bennon on Wed 1 Jul - 12:02

Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:Cant wait to play nova (too bad there isn't any flying like in Alo)


well u can fly if ur a certain race-

wat well I already know what race I will be lol

it also depends on how old u r- as that race matures at 28- to be able to fly

how old do you start at?

you should also know that this race will have a # limit on them due to them being a rare race in Nova-
but u can pick ur age from 15-to ur actual age- so max would be ur actual age
oh and any age under 28-u can only transform certain body parts

dang it ok Sad


_________________
Grand master of the Forge

"We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Lion."

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Akira on Wed 1 Jul - 12:03

Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:Cant wait to play nova (too bad there isn't any flying like in Alo)


well u can fly if ur a certain race-

wat well I already know what race I will be lol

it also depends on how old u r- as that race matures at 28- to be able to fly

how old do you start at?

you should also know that this race will have a # limit on them due to them being a rare race in Nova-
but u can pick ur age from 15-to ur actual age- so max would be ur actual age
oh and any age under 28-u can only transform certain body parts

dang it ok Sad

oh and warning upon reaching age 28- u will have to do something extremely difficult


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 913
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 17

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Bennon on Wed 1 Jul - 12:38

Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:Cant wait to play nova (too bad there isn't any flying like in Alo)


well u can fly if ur a certain race-

wat well I already know what race I will be lol

it also depends on how old u r- as that race matures at 28- to be able to fly

how old do you start at?

you should also know that this race will have a # limit on them due to them being a rare race in Nova-
but u can pick ur age from 15-to ur actual age- so max would be ur actual age
oh and any age under 28-u can only transform certain body parts

dang it ok Sad

oh and warning upon reaching age 28- u will have to do something extremely difficult

ahh dang it again oh well


_________________
Grand master of the Forge

"We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Lion."

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Tue 29 Dec - 5:42

How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it? I think xD


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Silmiss
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 267
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-25
Age : 15
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Silmiss on Tue 29 Dec - 9:11

Akira_ wrote:
but u can pick ur age from 15-to ur actual age- so max would be ur actual age
oh and any age under 28-u can only transform certain body parts

huehue
(SPOILER:

That brings me to a darker topic with law. I'm assuming all/most of the NVG games will be rated A, if not M. Even so, SAO/ALO and the games you're currently making have been described to have skiddly-dooping. If you can't get the memo, I'm wondering how the law would take about 15 year olds skiddly-dooping online. Or even the game models required for 15 year olds that can skiddly-doop.


_________________
"You're a bender, Harry." - Gandalf

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Akira on Tue 29 Dec - 12:25

ratings dont apply to us in terms of ERSB- and since we dont use the ERSB that means we just cant sell it at places like gamestop or walmart otherwise we r all good


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Nomaru on Tue 29 Dec - 20:33

Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry. The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.


_________________

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Wed 30 Dec - 8:59

Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry.  The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.  


Thank you Very Happy I'm gonna have 3 light short swords on my back, 2 (normal?) medium swords one on each side, two daggers on my back, and throwing knives on my leg ^^


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 913
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 17

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Bennon on Wed 30 Dec - 9:42

Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry.  The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.  


Thank you Very Happy I'm gonna have 3 light short swords on my back, 2 (normal?) medium swords one on each side, two daggers on my back, and throwing knives on my leg ^^

wow thats a lot of sharp things


_________________
Grand master of the Forge

"We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Lion."

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Akira on Wed 30 Dec - 14:49

Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry.  The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.  


Thank you Very Happy I'm gonna have 3 light short swords on my back, 2 (normal?) medium swords one on each side, two daggers on my back, and throwing knives on my leg ^^

another words no swimming for u anytime soon XD


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Wed 30 Dec - 19:56

Akira_ wrote:
Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry.  The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.  


Thank you Very Happy I'm gonna have 3 light short swords on my back, 2 (normal?) medium swords one on each side, two daggers on my back, and throwing knives on my leg ^^

another words no swimming for u anytime soon XD

I can't swim a xD and I'm pretty much a tank with no defense but more speed


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Nomaru on Wed 30 Dec - 20:48

If you want speed maybe go for a bit fewer swords? I mean, how many of those could you actually use at once? Every blade you have on you is going to slow you down. That being said, if you focus on strength and use light blades, that might work out, depending on how heavy your armor is.


_________________

Argonus
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 376
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 17
Location : U.S.A New Jersey

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Argonus on Thu 31 Dec - 10:25

Kyoya wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry.  The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.  


Thank you Very Happy I'm gonna have 3 light short swords on my back, 2 (normal?) medium swords one on each side, two daggers on my back, and throwing knives on my leg ^^

another words no swimming for u anytime soon XD

I can't swim a xD and I'm pretty much a tank with no defense but more speed

You want to know whats funny? All human babies can swim when they are able to crawl, its that people who cant swim never touched deep water when they were little so your instincts to swim went away because you never needed it. Kinda funny actually!


_________________


You have nothing on Asuna... MY OTAKKUUU

The13thNobody
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 104
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-02-07
Age : 17
Location : United States

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by The13thNobody on Thu 31 Dec - 11:23

Kyoya wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:How many weapons can you hold at once? I felt like it was asked but I've scrolled through the Nova section and can't find it. It's different from sao isn't it?  I think xD
you can hold as many as you can carry.  The only limitations would be the weight of your weapon (if you can't lift a weapon in one hand gl duel wielding it) and the amount of hands you have.  


Thank you Very Happy I'm gonna have 3 light short swords on my back, 2 (normal?) medium swords one on each side, two daggers on my back, and throwing knives on my leg ^^

another words no swimming for u anytime soon XD

I can't swim a xD and I'm pretty much a tank with no defense but more speed

Soooo... an evasive tank? Absorbing damage by diverting it to yourself and avoiding it?


_________________

Zeonura
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 51
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-03-16
Age : 16
Location : United States

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Zeonura on Thu 31 Dec - 20:33

I actually thought of something that would be Really cool to have, Instruments!
Like, If you could find them in-game; You could use them.
If a List of instruments would be necessary, just as something to start with, I can provide:
Violin, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Piano, Drums, and... an Erhu! (Here is the link to it, If you don't know what a Erhu is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhu)

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Fri 1 Jan - 12:43

Nomaru wrote:If you want speed maybe go for a bit fewer swords?  I mean, how many of those could you actually use at once?  Every blade you have on you is going to slow you down.  That being said, if you focus on strength and use light blades, that might work out, depending on how heavy your armor is.

I don't use armor and I'm not using any heavy swords


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Akira on Fri 1 Jan - 13:46

Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:If you want speed maybe go for a bit fewer swords?  I mean, how many of those could you actually use at once?  Every blade you have on you is going to slow you down.  That being said, if you focus on strength and use light blades, that might work out, depending on how heavy your armor is.

I don't use armor and I'm not using any heavy swords

well ur going to need armor to be protected ina fight cloth wont offer much protection and u will still get hit regardless of ur speed


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Fri 1 Jan - 21:37

Akira_ wrote:
Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:If you want speed maybe go for a bit fewer swords?  I mean, how many of those could you actually use at once?  Every blade you have on you is going to slow you down.  That being said, if you focus on strength and use light blades, that might work out, depending on how heavy your armor is.

I don't use armor and I'm not using any heavy swords

well ur going to need armor to be protected ina fight cloth wont offer much protection and u will still get hit regardless of ur speed

Ik but I will adjust once I get into the game and I don't plan to dodge some attacks >.> it just depends on the moment. Though I try not to get to far away from my opponent. I've gotten good at sheathing and unsheathing weapons too ^^ so I'll be able to move smoothly. And if I get ambushed from behind I'll just use the swords on my back. And yes Ik there are major flaws but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway cuz I can xD


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 975
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2015-02-20
Location : Australia

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Leriko on Fri 1 Jan - 21:44

Ah, but you're forgetting something, Kyon. If you're a tank, you need to take hits, and if you're an evasive tank, you have to keep the agro while dodging EVERY attack because they generally have low health and defense. Evasive tanks will need to be speedy fast so they can attack and dodge as fast as they can because they need to maintain the agro all by themselves, and the fact that you want to carry multiple weapons will highly hinder your movements, so a normal tank would do.

However, if you get into the motion of being able to navigate the menus during battle and being able to switch weapons, the problem is solved. Also, just using cloth as an evasive tank, you're surely screwed if you get hit a couple of times/by a boss.


_________________

Argonus
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 376
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-24
Age : 17
Location : U.S.A New Jersey

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Argonus on Fri 1 Jan - 21:55

Leriko wrote:Ah, but you're forgetting something, Kyon. If you're a tank, you need to take hits, and if you're an evasive tank, you have to keep the agro while dodging EVERY attack because they generally have low health and defense. Evasive tanks will need to be speedy fast so they can attack and dodge as fast as they can because they need to maintain the agro all by themselves, and the fact that you want to carry multiple weapons will highly hinder your movements, so a normal tank would do.

However, if you get into the motion of being able to navigate the menus during battle and being able to switch weapons, the problem is solved. Also, just using cloth as an evasive tank, you're surely screwed if you get hit a couple of times/by a boss.

Well whats going to be fun is me killing people! Remember the guild I have? Yeah still there Smile But anyway, not to frighten you all off... You could just have insane agility? If you already have good reactions and can multitask then you are already set.


_________________


You have nothing on Asuna... MY OTAKKUUU

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 975
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2015-02-20
Location : Australia

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Leriko on Fri 1 Jan - 23:35

I don't really know why your quoted all of what I said, but eh, I don't really care.

I'll be super strong in my own way, I guess, and the only way to know if you'll be able to kill me by yourself is if we duke it out. Also, I could just wipe out your guild and your base/s if you create any.


_________________

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Nomaru on Fri 1 Jan - 23:43

Kyoya wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Kyoya wrote:
Nomaru wrote:If you want speed maybe go for a bit fewer swords?  I mean, how many of those could you actually use at once?  Every blade you have on you is going to slow you down.  That being said, if you focus on strength and use light blades, that might work out, depending on how heavy your armor is.

I don't use armor and I'm not using any heavy swords

well ur going to need armor to be protected ina fight cloth wont offer much protection and u will still get hit regardless of ur speed

Ik but I will adjust once I get into the game and I don't plan to dodge some attacks >.> it just depends on the moment. Though I try not to get to far away from my opponent. I've gotten good at sheathing and unsheathing weapons too ^^ so I'll be able to move smoothly. And if I get ambushed from behind I'll just use the swords on my back. And yes Ik there are major flaws but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway cuz I can xD
Yeah, I think it's theoretically possible to pull off. If all you want to do is keep agro and stay alive, not necessarily deal damage, you should be able to develop a style of fighting that focuses on staying alive and not dealing damage. It's much easier to block an attack than to attempt to block and counterattack. Your only issue would be getting surrounded, since it's really hard to block something you can't see, as well as trying to keep agro if you aren't dealing damage. I still think you should at least have light armor through, it won't slow you down all that much and it'll give you a few more hits before you die which always helps


_________________

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Sat 2 Jan - 12:21

Leriko wrote:Ah, but you're forgetting something, Kyon. If you're a tank, you need to take hits, and if you're an evasive tank, you have to keep the agro while dodging EVERY attack because they generally have low health and defense. Evasive tanks will need to be speedy fast so they can attack and dodge as fast as they can because they need to maintain the agro all by themselves, and the fact that you want to carry multiple weapons will highly hinder your movements, so a normal tank would do.

However, if you get into the motion of being able to navigate the menus during battle and being able to switch weapons, the problem is solved. Also, just using cloth as an evasive tank, you're surely screwed if you get hit a couple of times/by a boss.

The tank was a metaphor people xD


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 734
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2015-04-19
Age : 15
Location : VA, USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Kyoya on Sat 2 Jan - 12:39

I'm planning to have something light like Kirito food nothing big, big is bad for me I already thought about keeping it in my inventory but I don't see how I could do that in a fight >.> and it's not like I'm going to be apart of a big team I'm a solo player. I won't be fighting others unless I have to cuz i have sucky luck at pvps so I'll only to fields and stuff like unless I feel like otherwise. Since I'm going 50 50 build I won't have to really worry about not having enough hp and I'll still have speed I'm neither a tank nor a evasive tank is just having all the weapons on my goes alot better with my fighting style. And it's not like I will be uncomfortable because after I play I'll get used to how I can move and what not


_________________
Things I find to be true:

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Nomaru on Sat 2 Jan - 15:43

My planned build relies a lot on Nova's magic system, which we haven't released much detail on yet, so unfortunately I can't tell you much about it... I'll be a high speed DPS fighter, though


_________________

Sponsored content

Re: Weapon in Nova

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:25


    Current date/time is Wed 7 Dec - 6:25