Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Voice Acting for IG

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Voice Acting for IG

Post by Akira on Sun 23 Aug - 22:23

1: this is an unpaid position atm

Hi, we Izanagi games will be in need of Voice Actors, and for those of you that want to be a voice actor for us we would like u to

1: Send us a sample of ur voice acting in a pm to these guys (all in the same message btw)  Akira, Nomaru, Hourlongfall, SilentSn1per were we will review and tell you if you would be suitable for a character. (if you don't know how to that is fine- we can arrange it do another way that is easier for you just tell the ones that u should pm about it through a pm)
2: we prefer if u can speak some Japanese not required though. (as a few of our games will require people who can speak a different language.)
3: And please inform weather u want ur username or rl name to be in the credits or another name u prefer.

Thank you for reading
                    IG Team

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

icecream-mint
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: Voice Acting for IG

Post by icecream-mint on Mon 24 Aug - 12:49

How can we send a voice sample and what dialogue should we use?

-- Survival of the fittest, that's what they always say --

--icecream-mint--

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Mon 24 Aug - 13:02

icecream-mint wrote:How can we send a voice sample and what dialogue should we use?

send me a pm- and we can discuss further on how to send the sample

as for dialogue
"There is a man who is anxious about leaving even a simple assault on bandits to one other than himself."

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Bennon on Mon 24 Aug - 14:09

hmm how do I record it? all I have is a game recorded but I dont think that will really work

"We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Lion."

Draugole
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Draugole on Mon 24 Aug - 14:18

Bennon wrote:hmm how do I record it? all I have is a game recorded but I dont think that will really work
You can record with like audacity if you got a mic or a headset on computer

Where there is light, there is also a shadow

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Mon 24 Aug - 14:20

Draugole wrote:
Bennon wrote:hmm how do I record it? all I have is a game recorded but I dont think that will really work

my computer has a mic but its not very good

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Tue 25 Aug - 21:40

Bennon wrote:
Draugole wrote:

We should still be able to hear it well enough to tell what's a crappy mic and what's ur voice acting.

Silmiss
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss on Wed 26 Aug - 7:07

Are there any direct translations for that phrase in japanese? I've scoured a bit, but with a detailed sentence like that it'll probably be either very long or very rough.

lucarioman555
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 on Wed 26 Aug - 9:33

Bennon wrote:
Draugole wrote:

Using audacity you can actually filter out the hiss of your mic. Just give the recording 1 second of silence the start your Voice sample thing, then after your done highlight the area where you weren't talking under the "Effect" tab click on get noise removal then click Get Noise Profile, then highlight the whole thing and click the "Effect" tab again Noise Removal and this time click on remove noise. Then your audio should sound clear.

SAO Game Master

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Wed 26 Aug - 22:29

lucarioman555 wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Draugole wrote:

Using audacity you can actually filter out the hiss of your mic. Just give the recording 1 second of silence the start your Voice sample thing, then after your done highlight the area where you weren't talking under the "Effect" tab click on get noise removal then click Get Noise Profile, then highlight the whole thing and click the "Effect" tab again Noise Removal and this time click on remove noise. Then your audio should sound clear.

Ok thanks but I dont think a hiss is the prob my mic makes me sound younger

also akira when should we get the voice acting out?

Snakez29
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Snakez29 on Thu 27 Aug - 0:24

Bennon wrote:Ok thanks but I dont think a hiss is the prob my mic makes me sound younger

also akira when should we get the voice acting out?

Me and my friends talk about this a LOT, since we like to write raps together (lol they're straight fire)
anyways everybody sounds different when they're recording they're voice, like my voice when i'm talking sounds nothing like my voice when i'm recording myself.

Immortal
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Immortal on Thu 27 Aug - 6:02

Its because your voice sounds lower for yourself when youre talking. i notice that myself too when i record my voice.

Legends tell of a day,
when the world fell into dismay.
I will rise up from zero,
to become the Hero.
Humanity will cheer,
as I march to the frontier.

Argonus
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Argonus on Thu 27 Aug - 9:44

Lol getting scientific here.. Its because of your ear canals goes right next to your mouth, that means the sounds travel through your ear canal and as it does that, it resonances which lowers your voice so when you hear yourself you aren't hearing your actually voice, its falsified because of your ear canals where your voice travels out but as its doing that its bouncing around like crazy lowering your voice.

You have nothing on Asuna... MY OTAKKUUU

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Thu 27 Aug - 11:38

Argonus wrote:Lol getting scientific here.. Its because of your ear canals goes right next to your mouth, that means the sounds travel through your ear canal and as it does that, it resonances which lowers your voice so when you hear yourself you aren't hearing your actually voice, its falsified because of your ear canals where your voice travels out but as its doing that its bouncing around like crazy lowering your voice.

Yes yes well im going to ask mind of I post a youtube video I made? (using only my mic nothing else) so you can hear my voice?

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 27 Aug - 12:47

Bennon wrote:
Argonus wrote:Lol getting scientific here.. Its because of your ear canals goes right next to your mouth, that means the sounds travel through your ear canal and as it does that, it resonances which lowers your voice so when you hear yourself you aren't hearing your actually voice, its falsified because of your ear canals where your voice travels out but as its doing that its bouncing around like crazy lowering your voice.

Yes yes well im going to ask mind of I post a youtube video I made? (using only my mic nothing else) so you can hear my voice?

sure that will work

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Thu 27 Aug - 15:37

Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:

sure that will work

Well its a gaming video (should have mentioned that) if thats fine

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Thu 27 Aug - 17:07

Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:

sure that will work

yeah thats fine as well

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Thu 27 Aug - 18:05

Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:
Akira_ wrote:
Bennon wrote:

sure that will work

yeah thats fine as well

ok thanks I guess I will just post it here?

exterminator5857
Old Member
Old Member

Post by exterminator5857 on Sat 23 Jan - 5:26

How old do you have to be min for the job?

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Sat 23 Jan - 11:47

exterminator5857 wrote:How old do you have to be min for the job?

Don't think there is one

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

mixmaster
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by mixmaster on Sun 24 Jan - 18:00

it would be cool to hear your voice in a game

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko on Tue 26 Jan - 6:32

I submitted my demo, but I haven't received a response, lol...it's been more than three months, if I remember correctly.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Tue 26 Jan - 13:54

Leriko wrote:I submitted my demo, but I haven't received a response, lol...it's been more than three months, if I remember correctly.

Thats kinda my fault- ive been busy with real life that the voice stuff and a few other things had to take a back seat- but me and silent r going to review them in the upcoming week- so look forward to a reply by next Friday

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko on Tue 26 Jan - 19:44

To be honest, when I go back to view my demo, I cringe. I cringe a lot. Why?

Well, I didn't really showcase much, and what I did do was basically generic villains and generic dying sounds...yup...

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character

Post by Akira on Wed 27 Jan - 10:38

Leriko wrote:To be honest, when I go back to view my demo, I cringe. I cringe a lot. Why?

Well, I didn't really showcase much, and what I did do was basically generic villains and generic dying sounds...yup...

well i suppose u could send in a new recording if u want- since we havent checked it yet XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:17

Current date/time is Sun 4 Dec - 10:17