Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Speed

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Speed

Post by Kyoya on Mon 7 Dec - 6:26

How fast can you go from 0mph to top speed in Nova? Like if you have a full agi build

1. Those who possess control of the mind are invincible
2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it
4. Always do good for karma is real though it believes in equivalent exchange
5. Do what makes you happy and you will prosper

HourlongFall
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Speed

Post by HourlongFall on Mon 7 Dec - 9:12

Have you taken which race you're going to play into consideration?

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Mon 7 Dec - 9:51

Kyoya wrote:How fast can you go from 0mph to top speed in Nova? Like if you have a full agi build
Part of it will depend on race, but if I remember correctly we were going to model the top speed in Nova off of what we already had for SAO, so an average top speed of 250mph across the races (I think that was the top speed we decided on, lol), with the slower ones being below that curve and the faster ones above. Now, that's just an estimation, we'll have to wait until play-testing for the exact details to be nailed down. It could be that that speed is way too slow, or way too fast to make the game fun.

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Mon 7 Dec - 19:38

No I haven't and also I wanted to know how fast you could get from 0 mph to 250 mph >.> like a couple of seconds? or a minute or so? (ex: car can go from 0 mph to 50 mph in 5 sec) <-- like dat

2. Fighting the future is impossible and unreasonable if you want the future to change then you must change the present first
3. Just because you want to change the future to your will it will not always change the way you want it

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Mon 7 Dec - 22:13

Kyoya wrote:No I haven't and also I wanted to know how fast you could get from 0 mph to 250 mph >.> like a couple of seconds? or a minute or so? (ex: car can go from 0 mph to 50 mph in 5 sec) <-- like dat
We were planning on just accelerating how fast you could move your regular body, so however fast you can get to top speed sprinting. Now, obviously, moving your body that fast will feel really weird, but you'll be slowly building up to it as you level your agility, so it should feel fairly natural by the time you max it out. I could also be wrong on the max speed (someone please correct me if I am) but I thought it was something insane like that.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira on Mon 7 Dec - 23:11

Nomaru wrote:
Kyoya wrote:No I haven't and also I wanted to know how fast you could get from 0 mph to 250 mph >.> like a couple of seconds? or a minute or so? (ex: car can go from 0 mph to 50 mph in 5 sec) <-- like dat
We were planning on just accelerating how fast you could move your regular body, so however fast you can get to top speed sprinting.  Now, obviously, moving your body that fast will feel really weird, but you'll be slowly building up to it as you level your agility, so it should feel fairly natural by the time you max it out.  I could also be wrong on the max speed (someone please correct me if I am) but I thought it was something insane like that.

ur correct- noma- its insainly high- but thats also because the level cap is insanly high- but either way - its sure to make battles in frey intersting especily if we have it so the ai will also lvl, that way a single person cant just go out and wipe a town off the face of the Earth Frey.

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Leriko on Tue 8 Dec - 1:31

Well, having leveled AI will make pillaging and raiding more fun, I guess. It won't be a simple walk in and slaughter everyone because they're too weak and stupid to know what's happening lol

Unless you have some awesome fire jutsu...

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Tue 8 Dec - 10:48

Akira_ wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
We were planning on just accelerating how fast you could move your regular body, so however fast you can get to top speed sprinting.  Now, obviously, moving your body that fast will feel really weird, but you'll be slowly building up to it as you level your agility, so it should feel fairly natural by the time you max it out.  I could also be wrong on the max speed (someone please correct me if I am) but I thought it was something insane like that.

ur correct- noma- its insainly high- but thats also because the level cap is insanly high- but either way - its sure to make battles in frey intersting especily if we have it so the ai will also lvl, that way a single person cant just go out and wipe a town off the face of the Earth Frey.
Aww...I was hoping I'd be able to do that. I have so many fun memories with my max level skyrim character raiding and pillaging towns because I was so much stronger than all of the NPC's... Though I'm 100% with you on leveling mobs with the player, otherwise things would be way too easy after a little grinding. I still think there should be some kind of level cap where the player can cross but NPC's and Mobs can't, just to give players a sense of "yes, I'm a BA" when they reach max level. Maybe we can add some kind of toggle with difficulty levels, too... idk, I'll have to think about it some.

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Wed 9 Dec - 12:56

Oh I would like to run super fast! also would agility affect jumping height?

"We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Lion."

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Wed 9 Dec - 17:27

Bennon wrote:Oh I would like to run super fast! also would agility affect jumping height?

nope that's the acrobatics skill that helps with jumping

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Wed 9 Dec - 17:34

Kyoya wrote:
Bennon wrote:Oh I would like to run super fast! also would agility affect jumping height?

nope that's the acrobatics skill that helps with jumping

Oh I see well I now and conflicted tho if I want to be a tank or run and jump every were (also was nova a single or multiplayer cant remember will you be able to have more than one save in nova?

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Wed 9 Dec - 17:37

multi...I think...and no just one

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Wed 9 Dec - 17:39

Kyoya wrote:multi...I think...and no just one

question was this put under the nova update stuff? (and ok)

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Wed 9 Dec - 17:41

yes

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Wed 9 Dec - 22:20

? I think you're getting some of the stuff mixed up from SAO. Nova won't have the same skill system SAO had, so you'll be spending points as you level up as opposed to leveling a skill by doing it. We haven't fully designed that mechanic yet, so it could be that we seperate speed and jump height and it could be that we don't. We're also thinking that there will be no level cap, so if you play the game long enough you can max out strength, health, agility, magic, etc. and just be a BA who can do anything you want. As for single vs multi, the game will be designed as a co-op experience (with up to 8 friends, if I remember right) but can be played single player if you want to, and it'll have a multiplayer section that you can go to as well that we're going to try to make as complex as the single player stuff. And, finally, I'm pretty certain you'll be able to have multiple save files, since there's no permadeath or anything like SAO

Kyoya
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya on Thu 10 Dec - 6:11

Oh sry then looks like I had everything backwards @~@

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon on Thu 10 Dec - 7:59

Nomaru wrote:?  I think you're getting some of the stuff mixed up from SAO.  Nova won't have the same skill system SAO had, so you'll be spending points as you level up as opposed to leveling a skill by doing it.  We haven't fully designed that mechanic yet, so it could be that we seperate speed and jump height and it could be that we don't.  We're also thinking that there will be no level cap, so if you play the game long enough you can max out strength, health, agility, magic, etc. and just be a BA who can do anything you want.  As for single vs multi, the game will be designed as a co-op experience (with up to 8 friends, if I remember right) but can be played single player if you want to, and it'll have a multiplayer section that you can go to as well that we're going to try to make as complex as the single player stuff.  And, finally, I'm pretty certain you'll be able to have multiple save files, since there's no permadeath or anything like SAO

Ohhh that makes everything better So I will make a tank and a agility

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:29

Current date/time is Wed 7 Dec - 6:29