Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Shoes in NOVA

Kritical
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Shoes in NOVA

Post by Kritical on Fri 29 Jan - 10:12

Just like the title it's about SHOES.

Ok so about the shoes like is there just going to be boots in Nova or what shoes are there going to be?
Because it would be weird for every one to Ware boots shouldn't there be like not tennis shoes or things like that just not boots only.

And if there are just boots are they in different colors or what
And I whole Luke to know all about the kinda shoes there are like.

In a society that has destroyed all adventure,The only adventure left is to destroy that society. -Probably some person but for now Kritical

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Shoes in NOVA

Post by Akira on Fri 29 Jan - 11:25

Kritical wrote:Just like the title it's about SHOES.

Ok so about the shoes like is there just going to be boots in Nova or what shoes are there going to be?
Because it would be weird for every one to Ware boots shouldn't there be like not tennis shoes or things like that just not boots only.

And if there are just boots are they in different colors or what
And I whole Luke to know all about the kinda shoes there are like.

defintly going to be more then boots- u got ur "boat shoes"- u can go just barefeet- but i wouldnt- bugs and what not crawling on the ground- u little hobbit u XD, i honestly dont feel like trying to write down all the types of shoes atm in time- i will later once i get them all wrote down-

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Kritical
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Kritical on Fri 29 Jan - 11:33

Ah thanks and you should design it so it's harder to run in boots in less you run in boots irl
Like example: if you ware tennis shoes irl and then you play nova and you ware boots shouldn't it be harder to run

In a society that has destroyed all adventure,The only adventure left is to destroy that society. -Probably some person but for now Kritical

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira on Fri 29 Jan - 13:35

Kritical wrote:Ah thanks and you should design it so it's harder to run in boots in less you run in boots irl
Like example: if you ware tennis shoes irl and then you play nova and you ware boots shouldn't it be harder to run

idk when i switched from boat shoes to boots it wasnt that hard to run in

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru on Fri 29 Jan - 16:39

Akira wrote:
Kritical wrote:Ah thanks and you should design it so it's harder to run in boots in less you run in boots irl

idk when i switched from boat shoes to boots it wasnt that hard to run in
The biggest difference is that boots constrict the movement of your ankles, while shoes don't Aki. Sure you can run in them, but I personally find that I lose a lot of the ability to control where and what I'm doing since It's harder to move my ankles. THough I will admit that because I do parkour i'm hyper sensitive to stuff like that

As for your question, we don't know specifically right now. So far, we're working with the theory of style over realism. We want the world to feel realistic, but at the same time if we run into something that we think looks cool or would be fun to play around with in a game but wouldn't work right irl, we'll usually alter the world so that it'll allow the cool thing to work. For example, think of the Buster Sword from Final Fantasy VII (or any other huge sword like that). Those are 100% impractical to use IRL, way too heavy, way too unbalanced, etc. I saw a youtube video saying that even if you assume Cloud has perfect strength, the force of him swinging his sword would be enough to literally throw him off of his feet, since his body isn't heavy enough to stay grounded during a slash. however, if we decide we want a sword like that in our game, sure it'll be heavy but it'll also be practical to use. So a long way of saying probably, but maybe not if we decide it'll make a better game to change that bit of physics

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:23

Current date/time is Wed 7 Dec - 6:23