Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.


Nova Questions

Share

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Mon 15 Feb - 15:26

Yo i want any and all Questions that deal with Nova to be posted here-
as we are going to try and keep all questions that deal with 1 game in one place-

and we will answer most if not all in Novas FAQs.


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Silmiss
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 267
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-25
Age : 15
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Silmiss on Mon 15 Feb - 16:32

Will there be swords/hammers/daggers/canes/scythes that are ALSO guns?

rwby


_________________
"You're a bender, Harry." - Gandalf

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Nomaru on Mon 15 Feb - 19:46

Silmiss wrote:Will there be swords/hammers/daggers/canes/scythes that are ALSO guns?

rwby
I love RWBY too, but no, guns don't exist in Nova Razz


_________________

Silmiss
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 267
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-25
Age : 15
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Silmiss on Wed 17 Feb - 8:20

Nomaru wrote:
Silmiss wrote:Will there be swords/hammers/daggers/canes/scythes that are ALSO guns?

rwby
I love RWBY too, but no, guns don't exist in Nova Razz

how about Bow-sword...bow-staffs?
I guess a bowstaff isn't really a bow. meh Razz

Some nova questions people might have:
If you log out in neutral territory, will your avatar remain there, like in ALfheim?
How will the economy stay balanced?
Will there be guilds?
Will I have to memorize a magic language in order to cast spells?

General NVG Questions:
Will there be senses of hunger? Thirst? Direction? Pressure? Proprioception (the ability to tell where your body parts are, relative to other body parts)? Equilibrioception (the ability to keep your balance and sense body movement in terms of acceleration and directional changes)?
If my brain is blocking out all other signals, how will my body know to breathe when in-game? Or will the NVG not block autonomic processes?


_________________
"You're a bender, Harry." - Gandalf

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Nomaru on Wed 17 Feb - 11:11

Silmiss wrote:
Nomaru wrote:
Silmiss wrote:Will there be swords/hammers/daggers/canes/scythes that are ALSO guns?

rwby
I love RWBY too, but no, guns don't exist in Nova Razz

how about Bow-sword...bow-staffs?
I guess a bowstaff isn't really a bow. meh Razz

Some nova questions people might have:
If you log out in neutral territory, will your avatar remain there, like in ALfheim?
How will the economy stay balanced?
Will there be guilds?
Will I have to memorize a magic language in order to cast spells?

General NVG Questions:
Will there be senses of hunger? Thirst? Direction? Pressure? Proprioception (the ability to tell where your body parts are, relative to other body parts)? Equilibrioception (the ability to keep your balance and sense body movement in terms of acceleration and directional changes)?
If my brain is blocking out all other signals, how will my body know to breathe when in-game? Or will the NVG not block autonomic processes?
If I remember right, we will have automated crossbows, so it's not impossible but we aren't planning on putting in any weapons like that right now.

Nova is planned to have a singleplayer/co-op campaign as its focus with a Planetside-esk multiplayer element on the side. because of that, there won't be any kind of player-controlled economy to worry about balancing. There will be the option to make guilds, but they'll only really have an impact in the multiplayer side of the game. As for the magic language, that depends on a lot of factors, but for the most part you'll have to memorize a small incantation in order to cast the spell (think Alfheim. So you won't need to understand what you're saying, but you'll need to be able to say it)

I'll leave the NVG questions to someone who understands the specifics of it better than me (probably Aki Razz).


_________________

mixmaster
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 100
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-29
Age : 19
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by mixmaster on Fri 19 Feb - 21:23

i ask Akira about memorize the magic words in spell so you just have to say it even if you say it wrong

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Fri 19 Feb - 21:51

nope u have to be perfect in ur pronunciation- other wise u could mean a diffrent spell- but as for the NVG_ questions- its stimulates all 5 senses of the user- so yes to most if not all of ur questions- and we wouldnt want to kill u-so ur body will have to breathe by its self (like it does already _


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

mixmaster
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 100
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-29
Age : 19
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by mixmaster on Sun 21 Feb - 17:19

how are you going to finds quest like have some posted in your guild hall

lyeadon
New Member
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-10-12

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: Nova Questions

Post by lyeadon on Tue 18 Oct - 10:57

I have been reading up a lot on Nova and I was wondering if ther will be some kind of unarmed skill so I can go around one punching people to death.

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Nomaru on Tue 18 Oct - 12:11

while I was still on the team there was (and I hope there still is because I want to do that too Razz). It was a type of magic you could cast that gave you the ability to block weapons with your arms and legs, increased physical strength and damage, elemental effects on your fists, etc.


_________________

mixmaster
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 100
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-29
Age : 19
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by mixmaster on Tue 18 Oct - 16:00

Nomaru wrote:while I was still on the team there was (and I hope there still is because I want to do that too Razz). It was a type of magic you could cast that gave you the ability to block weapons with your arms and legs, increased physical strength and damage, elemental effects on your fists, etc.
so we could have brass knuckle like weapons if we use that type of magic

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Nomaru on Tue 18 Oct - 17:34

the original concept was that it would be true unarmed combat (the magic would only work if you were unarmed when you cast it and would stop working the second you touched a weapon. the purpose of the magic would be to give an unarmed player the same amount of utility as a similar leveled player using regular magic or a weapon), but the concept work wasn't finished yet, so it could go in a very different direction by the time the game releases.


_________________

mixmaster
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 100
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-29
Age : 19
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by mixmaster on Tue 18 Oct - 20:44

Nomaru wrote:the original concept was that it would be true unarmed combat (the magic would only work if you were unarmed when you cast it and would stop working the second you touched a weapon. the purpose of the magic would be to give an unarmed player the same amount of utility as a similar leveled player using regular magic or a weapon), but the concept work wasn't finished yet, so it could go in a very different direction by the time the game releases.
i see i was thinking like the weapons in log horizon, so if the spell boost your body's ability like speed or power you could be a hand-hand fight type of player

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Tue 18 Oct - 21:15

@Noma- ye we still plan to keep that in the game Very Happy


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Posts : 2851
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 19
Location : USA-East Coast

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Nomaru on Wed 19 Oct - 11:49

yaaaaaaaaay Razz


_________________

AkihikoKayaba
New Member
New Member

Posts : 27
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2016-10-12
Age : 15

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: Nova Questions

Post by AkihikoKayaba on Thu 20 Oct - 22:04

Akira can there be a choice to use a model of the player's irl body built into the games? I would be rather pleased to see that little addition and would use it(with a few modifications to the nose to straighten it)


_________________

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Thu 20 Oct - 23:07

AkihikoKayaba wrote:Akira can there be a choice to use a model of the player's irl body built into the games? I would be rather pleased to see that little addition and would use it(with a few modifications to the nose to straighten it)

That is not planned for any of our games atm- i know it wont be a feature in Nova (or any of the other 2 Nova games)

Edit reason for this-

is our graphics style is going to be both realistic and beutiful- IE like the final fantasys latest game- i think were up to 15 now?


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

AkihikoKayaba
New Member
New Member

Posts : 27
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2016-10-12
Age : 15

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: Nova Questions

Post by AkihikoKayaba on Fri 21 Oct - 6:52

Considering I own the latest game yeah we are up to 15. That game does cost money to play though both PS Plus if your on playstation and the actual Square Enix cost(can't remember it)

Well owned I sold it a few weeks ago.


_________________

icecream-mint
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 25
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-12-22
Age : 20
Location : Malaysia

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: Nova Questions

Post by icecream-mint on Mon 24 Oct - 13:18

how many percentage of goals that you think you've achieved and finished this far on Nova and NVG?


_________________


-- Survival of the fittest, that's what they always say --

--icecream-mint--

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Mon 24 Oct - 19:25

icecream-mint wrote:how many percentage of goals that you think you've achieved and finished this far on Nova and NVG?

tbh i dont do percentages but if i had to guess id say probaly 20% complete- and thats just because its a huge game with a huge world needing a lot of lore Very Happy and as for goals- my only goal is to finish it Very Happy


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

AkihikoKayaba
New Member
New Member

Posts : 27
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2016-10-12
Age : 15

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: Nova Questions

Post by AkihikoKayaba on Tue 25 Oct - 22:10

That is an Excellent Goal that no one except the person who made that goal understands.(That being said I understand it because I've made that goal for several of my projects(Some are still being worked on))


_________________

Sammy
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-05-25
Age : 16
Location : Indonesia

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Sammy on Sat 19 Nov - 7:20

Uhm... Hello! Long time no see guys!
I just hooked up back into here again after long hiatus because of my real life XD
Actually... I have some design about the weapon for the action games one Very Happy
I just a newbie one... but if I can I post about all my work "^^)
Just that I want to say and I will be back maybe in december again because of my school exams so bye see you in december again ^w^)/


_________________
Member of K.o.B.

Always look 30 seconds ahead.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Sat 19 Nov - 12:14

Sammy wrote:Uhm... Hello! Long time no see guys!
I just hooked up back into here again after long hiatus because of my real life XD
Actually... I have some design about the weapon for the action games one Very Happy
I just a newbie one... but if I can I post about all my work "^^)
Just that I want to say and I will be back maybe in december again because of my school exams so bye see you in december again ^w^)/

well we can not allow that as your not part of the team, and to help keep confusion down we dont allow anyone not on IG member list to post about work for the games. Also Welcome back!


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Sammy
Old Member
Old Member

Posts : 58
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-05-25
Age : 16
Location : Indonesia

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Sammy on Sat 19 Nov - 19:02

Akira wrote:
Sammy wrote:Uhm... Hello! Long time no see guys!
I just hooked up back into here again after long hiatus because of my real life XD
Actually... I have some design about the weapon for the action games one Very Happy
I just a newbie one... but if I can I post about all my work "^^)
Just that I want to say and I will be back maybe in december again because of my school exams so bye see you in december again ^w^)/

well we can not allow that as your not part of the team, and to help keep confusion down we dont allow anyone not on IG member list to post about work for the games.  Also Welcome back!

Owh... sorry about that "^^)
Maybe it is because I was off for a long ago
Thanks for the explanation~
I hope for best result in the future then


_________________
Member of K.o.B.

Always look 30 seconds ahead.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3241
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 21
Location : USA

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Akira on Sat 19 Nov - 20:59

Sammy wrote:
Akira wrote:
Sammy wrote:Uhm... Hello! Long time no see guys!
I just hooked up back into here again after long hiatus because of my real life XD
Actually... I have some design about the weapon for the action games one Very Happy
I just a newbie one... but if I can I post about all my work "^^)
Just that I want to say and I will be back maybe in december again because of my school exams so bye see you in december again ^w^)/

well we can not allow that as your not part of the team, and to help keep confusion down we dont allow anyone not on IG member list to post about work for the games.  Also Welcome back!

Owh...  sorry about that "^^)
Maybe it is because I was off for a long ago
Thanks for the explanation~
I hope for best result in the future then

A lot can change in time, especily in the game world.


_________________

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Sponsored content

Re: Nova Questions

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:15


    Current date/time is Sun 4 Dec - 10:15