Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

the vive

Bennon
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

the vive

Post by Bennon on Tue 1 Mar - 17:04

http://store.steampowered.com/app/358040 Might want to pick up the pace people are catching up... ok really this isn't close to what you guys ave planned but I just want full dive game

"We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Lion."

AkihikoKayaba

Character
Organization (AoNB): None

Re: the vive

Post by AkihikoKayaba on Wed 12 Oct - 19:06

The HTC Vive is simply an improved version of the Oculus Rift and it is simply another Gaming Console that has a controller that is held in your hands.

lyeadon

Character

Post by lyeadon on Thu 13 Oct - 16:11

I have a question about how the NVG is going to work. I have been thinking about this before and after I got into this forum and I just don't see speech working. IRL there is vocal cords to make sound and air to carry sound, but in a game I don't see how you program speech. it is a small problem that has a large impact on a NVG IRL so if you have any ideas as to how to fix this I would like to know because I am curious.

Nomaru
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru on Thu 13 Oct - 16:26

lyeadon wrote:I have a question about how the NVG is going to work. I have been thinking about this before and after I got into this forum and I just don't see speech working. IRL there is vocal cords to make sound and air to carry sound, but in a game I don't see how you program speech. it is a small problem that has a large impact on a NVG IRL so if you have any ideas as to how to fix this I would like to know because I am curious.
Well, worst case scenario you could literally just attach a mic to the vanguard and that'd work, but I think Izanagi has a more sciency answer to it Razz

as for the Vive, I actually own one of them (it took me forever to save up for it...) I really like it, but that's probably 50/50 the actual quality of the product and me wanting to justify the time and effort I spent getting the money for it. There's some big tech leaps that still need to be made to turn room scale VR into FullDive VR, but there's a chance that the stuff like the Vive, or more likely the phone VR devices like Daydream and Gear VR (since those are cheap enough people can actually buy them) will spur the development of better and better VR, which I think will eventually head down the FullDive path since that's the best way to capitalize on VR's promise of total immersion. as for how long you guys have if you wanna be first...you'd probably be fine if you keep to your current timeline? maybe? tech does have a habit of exploding in quality, especially soon after a new type of technology hits the market.

AkihikoKayaba

Character

Post by AkihikoKayaba on Thu 13 Oct - 19:39

Instead of using a microphone irl wouldn't it be easier on the player(Not the creator) to simply "talk" irl and the signals are intercepted by the NVG to be instead sent to the server as a decoded voice?

Kryptonate
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kryptonate on Thu 3 Nov - 9:59

AkihikoKayaba wrote:Instead of using a microphone irl wouldn't it be easier on the player(Not the creator) to simply "talk" irl and the signals are intercepted by the NVG to be instead sent to the server as a decoded voice?

To me I think that'll might work, then have the nerve gear "make" your avatar say the correct words, if so we can also add a language translator so say Americans can talk to the Japanese, Chinese to the Korean.

Akira
Admin
Admin

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira on Thu 3 Nov - 14:56

Kryptonate wrote:
AkihikoKayaba wrote:Instead of using a microphone irl wouldn't it be easier on the player(Not the creator) to simply "talk" irl and the signals are intercepted by the NVG to be instead sent to the server as a decoded voice?

To me I think that'll might work, then have the nerve gear "make" your avatar say the correct words, if so we can also add a language translator so say Americans can talk to the Japanese, Chinese to the Korean.

not nerve gear!
Novas Vanguard Gear-NVG ! XD

Black and blue, turning and over-turning the things i’d chosen countless times, forever repeating the same actions… Ungainly. Awkward. Indecisive. Weak. Endlessly useless. That is what i am.” Commander of K.o.B and The Shinsengumi-GM of Nova, TLA, AoNB“

Leriko
Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Leriko on Fri 4 Nov - 9:15

Regarding the speech in-game, you could make comparisons to your dreams. In fact, dreams could be called a virtual world as they create entire worlds, events and characters while retaining all of your senses. Can you talk in your dreams? Yes. Can you eat in your dreams? Yes! Can you walk, talk, love your body, feel bodily sensations, et cetera? Of course you can! It's all in your head and a proper virtual reality scenario (not this augmented reality that claims to be virtual reality) would be highly similar but with the capacity to interact with other people.

I personally think the science behind the body and the brain during your sleeping periods have the potential to lay out a very strong foundation for the development of a proper Nagas Vanguard Gear. Just research it a little more and you'll figure it all out just like I have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:55

Current date/time is Mon 5 Dec - 20:55