Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

New program that I think would be helpful to you.

Belo

New program that I think would be helpful to you.

Post by Belo on Tue 13 Dec - 23:48

I recently discovered a company that has teamed up with google to finish there program. the company is called improbable and its system is named SpatialOS. It is a program that works in conjunction with several game engines. It's hard for me to explain but how I understand it is that while mmorpg's nowadays use one server, equals one world and the problem with that is that the server is limited in what it can do. But SpatialOS makes it so that you can run a single world on multiple servers if you want. Meaning you basically can make one giant completely persistent sandbox mmo unlike anything seen before. For example, a battle happens in the mountains and a tree is knocked into the river. it then proceeds to flow downstream and is found by a villager 12 miles away. As it goes downstream it is always visible in the sense that it will never disappear. Also that tree will never disappear from the world no matter how many years go by unless it is used for resources thanks to the computing power made available by a dozen servers powering the exact same persistent world. Another huge advantage to using it is that the AI could be made extremely powerful, thus you could have creatures that have entire life cycle's and can explore the game world without predetermined paths. I hope you could understand me and I hope I haven't done something wrong by posting this. the site is called: SpatialOS-Improbable PS. improbable is the company name.
lucarioman555
IG Team
IG Team

Character
Organization (AoNB):

Re: New program that I think would be helpful to you.

Post by lucarioman555 on Wed 14 Dec - 10:33

That's actually a really cool company and program/OS "whatever it's called" and having partnered with google i think that Improbable's ideas will come to fruition. With technology advancing as fast as it is and becoming more easily available to the general public i believe the limits of what people and groups such as us at Izanagi Games will be pushed farther than they ever have before. Thank you for sharing what you've found i think it will be very encouraging to everyone here. Very Happy

Old Member
Old Member

Character
Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Snakez29 on Thu 22 Dec - 23:15

I really like that idea, it'd make everything more dynamic and that's something I always like to look for in games. Changing scenery and environments are kewl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec - 6:33